Mold Illness and Lyme disease are two of the most debilitating conditions we see in our practice. Both diseases can wreak havoc on the body, impacting every system and function and can be challenging to diagnose and treat. If you’ve been struggling with symptoms for years, or if you are unsure if you have Lyme or Mold Illness, at Vitality we specialize in properly testing and assessing these conditions and providing naturopathic treatment options for both. At Vitality Wellness clinic, we have successfully treated many patients by developing individualized treatment programs which target the specific effects the illnesses are having on the patient’s unique body. We have been effectively treating Lyme and Mold for the past 13 years. We are lyme literate doctors. Dr Judy is an ILADS (International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society) member.
Mold Illness, also known as Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (CIRS), is different than a mold allergy. Mold allergy is a short-lived immune response to exposure to a particular mold. CIRS, on the other hand, results from chronic exposure to mold, causing widespread inflammation in the body and overactive immune system responses in the presence of pathogens in enclosed water-damaged areas. Symptoms include fatigue, brain fog, neurological symptoms, weakness, vertigo, increased urination, abdominal pain, and impaired memory to name a few. Mold Illness can not be successfully treated until the patient is removed from the chronic mold exposure.
Lyme disease is a bacterial/parasitic infection that is primarily transmitted through tick bites. Is the fastest growing infectious disease in America, with 475,000 cases diagnosed each year. Lyme is called “The Great Imitator,” because its symptoms mimic many other diseases. It can affect any organ of the body, including the brain and nervous system, muscles and joints, and the heart. Patients with Lyme disease are frequently misdiagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, multiple sclerosis, and various psychiatric illnesses, including depression. Misdiagnosis with these other diseases may delay the correct diagnosis and treatment as the underlying infection progresses unchecked. Co-infections from Lyme disease- viruses, parasites, yeast and other bacterial infections are found in most patients diagnosed with Lyme.
Treatments for Mold Illness and Lyme Disease
Mold exposure can worsen the symptoms of Lyme disease, and having Lyme disease can cause a more severe reaction to mold. The naturopathic treatment for both is similar, yet uniquely addressing Mold and Lyme individually is key for success. Treatment involves a holistic approach to detoxify and strengthen your body, while balancing the endocrine, immune and neurological systems. There is no quick fix for either. Even with treatment, each patient walks their own journey towards healing. It can take up to 2 years to fully heal Lyme Disease.
- Oral Supplementation: Herbal and homeopathic formulations are often the first treatments used to treat Lyme and Mold. Vitamin therapy to restore vitamin and mineral deficiencies are always prescribed. Hormones are also tested and naturally supported if needed. These help strengthen your body’s natural ability to heal. It is important to support the foundation of the body for the immune system to function optimally. Antibiotics are also prescribed if needed.
- Intravenous Infusion Therapy: Most patients dealing with Lyme or Mold require intravenous infusions to support hydration, restore vitamin deficiencies, lower inflammation and support detox pathways. High dose Vitamin C therapy, Glutathione detox infusions, Chelation infusions and Hydration infusions are offered.
- Ozone Infusion Therapy: Ozone is delivered in an infusion to treat viruses, bacteria, parasite and mold. Ozone stimulates the immune system by supporting oxygen metabolism to all the tissues. We offer MAH (Minor Autohemotherapy) and 10 pass ozone.
- Detoxification: To heal from mold and Lyme disease one needs to support the bodys’ detox pathways. Through individualized genetic testing we are able to gently and effectively guide each patient in their detox using modalities, such as saunas, hydrotherapy, binders, infusion therapy and colonics.
- Mental Health: Lyme and Mold take a tremendous toll on the mental and emotional body. Stress and lack of sleep can slow down your body’s healing process. We will provide you with the guidance to support and nourish your nervous system as you go through your healing journey. It’s also important to heal emotionally when you have Lyme disease or another chronic illness for the infections to clear your body.
- Anti-Inflammatory Diet: Chronic inflammation is common to both mold illness and Lyme disease. We will give you the nutritional guidance that supports your healing after assessing your food intolerances. An anti-inflammatory diet such as the Paleo Diet can help manage symptoms.
At Vitality Wellness Clinic, we understand that healing from Mold Illness and Lyme Disease is a lengthy process, and we will be there to support you every step of the way. For more information about our treatment options, give us a call at (602) 388-1155 and we will be happy to answer all your questions.